Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Red Tailed Hawk Bird Watcher Jewelry at Bittersweet Ridge


There are floor to ceiling windows in my Bittersweet Ridge Jewelry studio.  They look out onto a meadow and a series of spring ponds.  Primo spot for some bird watching.

A few days ago I was surprised to see this Red Tailed Hawk land, obviously on the hunt for something.  I managed to capture a photo which inspired some jewelry perfect for bird watchers.

Above is a pair of Red Tailed Hawk earrings.  The bird sculptures are ceramic, hand painted with amazing details.  Teeny three dimensional perfect little hawks.  Here I teamed them with poppy jasper gemstone beads and silver.

Shown here is a one of a kind avian piece I call Heaven and Earth Bird Necklace.  The pendant is gorgeous.  Hand carved jasper bird carving is absolutely amazing.  I used coordinating lepidolite gemstone beads to coordinate with it. 

Birds are believed to mediate between earth and heaven...
the physical and spiritual worlds.


No comments: